Monday, October 1, 2007

Alone but not Lonely

Joy and her mom (Esther) left for India yesterday on a two-week trip to see Joy's aunt and Esther's sister, Marietta. Marietta and her husband, Joe, were missionaries at Woodstock School for many years. I'm glad that Joy and Esther have this chance to go on this adventure.

It was a full weekend, with Esther and Joy getting ready for their trip and then lots of family stuff as well. Dad and Mari came in from the beach for the weekend. We had a big family dinner Friday night and then attended my brother's girlfriend's 4 year-old daughter's birthday party. Our family's present to her was the entire Cinderella outfit - yup, dress/ shoes / wand / tiara / gloves. She looked absolutely precious and she twirled and spun the entire time she had it on. It had been awhile since I'd been to a young child's birthday party - I had forgotten how quickly they open presents. I love that they have no pretense at all about being eager to rip off the paper and see what's inside!

Anyway, by the time I'd taken Joy and Esther to the airport and returned home, I was ready for some alone time. People ask me if I get lonely when I'm by myself and the answer is "no." As much of a people person that I am, I also really relish time alone and especially, not having to interact if I don't feel like it. Plus, I have my dogs, Mocha and Kuja, so it's not like I'm really alone - they are great companions and good watch dogs also.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Glad you're enjoying your 'alone but not lonely' time :-)