Friday, October 26, 2007

Finally - Air Conditioning is off!!!


Yeah, we were finally able to turn off the air conditioning on Thursday, October 25, 2007! After turning on the air conditioner in the beginning of May 2007, it's now turned cool enough to turn it off. Hallelujah! For six months, we've been inside a hermetically sealed environment due to the high heat and humidity of living in Florida. I can still remember when I first moved to Florida back in 2001 and the first hot day hit. Having moved from Southern California where it's hot during the day and cools off at night, I did the same thing here by turning off the air conditioner and opening up the windows to get the cool air inside the house. Bad move! It didn't cool off at night and there was NO cool air. I closed the house back up and kept on the air conditioner for the next six months. Like I always say, I'm glad to live in Florida and be able to endure the heat and humidity for six months of the year with air conditioning. But, I'm REALLY glad when it cools off in in November and we can turn off the air conditioning until early May of the next year. Opening up the house and it getting cooler also motivates me to clean up, throw out and get rid of clutter.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Hi Suzanne! Enjoyed reading your blog- very cool :) I'm glad the cool weather is here again, although I'm not sure if I'm ready to turn off the AC just yet. lol