Sunday, November 4, 2007

Discovered Facebook - wow!

OK...so I'm a little slow on the tech train, but I've just discovered the wonder of Facebook. I have started to connect with friends from high school, and other places. Someone asked me how Facebook is different than email and blogging. I guess the way I understand it is that email is like you writing a note to someone in another city and having a messenger deliver it. Blogging is like a poetry reading to people who then write you notes about it. Facebook is like a "virtual" coffee-shop where you're in an environment that allows a bunch of different people to connect all at the same time, not face-to-face, but online. I'm able to play an online Scrabble game with friends - post photos - see their photos - read about their lives - have them read about my life - kewl!! Anway, if you're interested, join and let me know you're on. We can connect!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I thought I'd give Facebook a try, but I still don't really get the hang of it. And I barely know anyone there as you can see from my tiny list of friends. LOL

I got used to MySpace and most people I know keep a profile there. But, I'm not giving up on Facebook just yet. We'll see what happens.

Suzanne said...

I know what you mean about not being sure about FB...I wasn't at first either. But, then a bunch of people at work got on and some friends from other places and now I'm hooked. I think if I'd been on MySpace first, I wouldn't be so jazzed about FB either.