Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I am no orphan


One of my favorite songs is from Laura Woodley's CD "Home" - I especially love the title song, taken from Psalm 139:


"You traced the line of my fingerprints

Counted my days before I knew them

Precious thoughts for me, more than the sands

My name is written on Your hands

You know the number of hairs on my head

All of my words before they are said

When I rise up and when I lie down

When I go in and when I go out

Father, You have a place in Your heart for me

Jesus Your Son made me family

I am no orphan

By Your Spirit I receive

I have found my home

Where You are is where I belong

A place I fit perfectly

There is room in You for me"

Whenever I hear this song, I'm reminded, that no matter how I feel, God loves me and Jesus died to make me part of His family. I was an outcast before I came to Christ, but no longer. Sometimes life beats me down and I get the wrong perspective that I don't matter- but we all matter to God. He loves us so much and I need...we all need...to be reminded of this truth.

No comments: