Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Learning from Kuja and Mocha

Say hi to Kuja (red one) and Mocha (black one) - my dogs. Actually, Kuja belongs to my roommate and Mocha belongs to me, but they are sisters and were adopted from a local shelter, so they are "house dogs." They are part SharPei and part Lab and have characteristics of both breeds. It's been interesting to see and understand the whole "dog pack" dynamics. Mocha is definitely the alpha dog, even though she's smaller. Kuja defers to Mocha on almost everything - Mocha always walks out the door first, and on the walks, Mocha is always out in front. There are times that it bothers me Kuja lets Mocha be in charge, but I realize that's my issue. Kuja is very content letting Mocha be the alpha and Mocha's content being alpha. They both know their place in the pack and all is well for them. The older I get, the more I am learning to know what is my place in my "pack" (community) and finding contentment in it.

No comments: